Monday, November 24, 2008

Coldblooded Murder | At Bethel

I was in the corridor when
I heard a thud…
Minutes later I picked a note
…and it read:

Why did you have to disturb
me as I read my poems?
Why did you just come into
my room and disrupt my thoughts?
I was seated on the bed – in the
room – alone! Why did you come?
I was reading silently – absorbing
thoughts – seeing minds at work
and you came with your
mouth – humming and shouting.
Why did you come?

I needed space. I wanted time to
be alone. I didn’t want visitors.
You came.
Why?

You disturbed me. It was your fault.
I wouldn’t have harmed you if you
respected my privacy. I wouldn’t even
have touched you! You went around
touching things in the room
– without permission!
And you made a lot of noise.

I wasn’t even angry when I killed you.
I was just a little irritated. And I didn’t
hit you badly – just one simple blow.
My aim was to silence you – but not
silence you forever.
Forgive me!
I ask for forgiveness!

It was just a single blow
then you cried… then you
stopped…

Why did you have to die?
Forgive me… but you... you are dead
…you can’t even forgive me – I just
hope guys will understand me:

I killed you because you disturbed me
…you silly wasp!

No comments: