Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Alchemy

Heavy trickles slowly down
And I in patience pine
Seconds run infinite to Town
For mercy’s strange to time –
But Town is not, so seconds frown
And Heavy still oozes fine –

My head aches as thoughts break
And I pull Ale and Cake
But Stomach fails to hold
And Ale falls, and Cake rolls
Down an endless Hole –

Eureka! –

I stretch my hand and wait to hold
From Heavy a weighty lump of Gold
But even Heavy now grows old
Even Air now is sold
(And still there is no Gold) –

Distraught I hop from my shop –
All life is Dope, there is no hope
And so I throw my Hands in Wind
And this void now becomes a friend

Touching Wind – holding Wind –
I cannot – but Wind touches me –
It holds and embraces me

Now in all, I see gold
In myself and in my world –

--all we do is Alchemy until we touch Wind--

>>One of the deepest pieces I've ever written!!!

2 comments:

Shishi said...

I love this...i think your poetry is so deep..yani..
you are a true poet. thanx for passing by my spot..
God bless

Princely Hope Glorious said...

Thank you Nyako...

What did you make of it??

The beauty of poetry is that it allows the reader to roam in it and find the meaning for herself/himself - most times deeper than the poet himself!

The next entry "Alchemy | Unveiled"
kind of explains what I meant by writing this one!!