Monday, November 24, 2008

Seventeen! | Entering Unknown Beauties! | ((reentry for Seventeen Series))

#4 of the Seventeen Series

>>I wrote this on my birthday! (Princely Day '08)

And so now I AM seventeen!

The winds of change have blown me
and I have floated
endlessly

I have flown on the wings of time
to this place
called today

- beautiful!

And I am faced by a faceless tommorrow
it peeps through the window of a today
that's climaxing into darkness as twilight
knocks in

My heart desires light -
and so it imitates the setting sun
as it sinks -
down...down...
down the bottomless road of the earth

I desire light but darkness seeps in - mightily!

So I become a star
and as the dark gets darker -
I shine brighter

I paint the skies with light -
no matter how small I seem!

Like a marionette - 'cept with free will - I have
been sustained with strings invisible:
holding me - leading me - thru dusks and dawns:
He guides me!

Eternally - at least until now -
the light of day has faded
into the unknown emptiness of
the night -

Even now -
the lucid brightness of sixteen
is immersed in a quick evanescence -
it invisibly rushes past me - slowly:
it rushes slowly - and seventeen -
like a beautiful darkness -
comes in -

Seventeen:
I enter you boldly!

No comments: