Monday, November 24, 2008

The Artist And His Paintbrush

>>I love this one

Using a voice I cannot hear
he calls me outside
and stuns me as I walk
by him in his workshop…

…his invisible hands reach out
and dim the lights
as I stand in silence
– my breath slowly seeping away

I adore his being – though
unseen – eyeing his palette –
picking his paintbrush –
and starting with orange…

…with magical whisks of the
intangible brush – held with
hands unseen – he transforms
the dull canvas into a play of colors

The orange turns to pink as the
fluffy whites become a fading blue
and time unnoticeably escapes
with the light – into a hazy blackness…

…and men go to sleep

3 comments:

Nungari said...

I LOVE this poem......am lookig for words to say more and i cant find any fitting enough....it's an intimately beautiful piece, of the Lover with his beloved.
oh!

Princely Hope Glorious said...

"The lover with His beloved..."
I love the phrase - very very true - very true of this strange romance between the immortal and this weird mortal called me!!

Thank you Nancy...
you are one of the biggest blessings my life beholds!!!!!!

Princely Hope Glorious said...

Enjoy!!!!