Friday, November 21, 2008

A Note to God

#3 of the Seventeen Series!

> by Zoe
--she wrote this on my birthday--

>>

Thank you,

For nice sunny rains

For the hyraxes everywhere

For big soft towels

For these big savannah landscapes

For sunscreen (SPF 40+)

For flip-flops with fuzzy threads

For the day I saw a rainbow round the sun

Like a beautiful jeweled crown

For that day when the setting sun colored me peach

I know you did it for me :-)

For the occassional perfect score

For Linda when I can't tame my hair

For knowing why, when I cry

For keeping me together even when I feel I am in pieces

For Princely: to cry on
[make more of these Lord - haha]

For Sing Afrika: joy

For the Wednesday Night Worship

A place where I can be me, with you

For friends like Michelle,

Moze, Hilda, Dave and Lyn:

They make Daystar worthwhile

For roomies that fetch me water

For the Borehole, Lord (can't take it for granted)

For rocks everywhere:

they remind me of you - My Rock!!!!!

For quiet Saturdays

When everyone's not there but you

For handling ever so gently,

they that matter most to me!

Thank you for the Dining Hall food (though I detest it) -

For chips being in the menu

and for Afia (Lord, you knew I'll need it)

For Chapo Smokie (don't like it) -

thanking you for those who do

For good books that tickle,

Little Inn's guacamole,

and this world full of funny people.

Thank you for the La Flams,

for my Sunday pals -

how I have grown to love them!

Doulos: papaa - thanx a lot,

MA!!!!

The High Table boyz:

It can't get any sillier...lol!!

For pillows, and faded jeans,

For friendships that outlast time,

For hearts that continue to love mine

For arms that stay wrapped around me.

Thank you for the quiet moments,

when I forget all the projects due,

close my eyes, and - inevitably - find you!

Thank you for being unchanging

and when I am changing - for understanding!

AND!!!!...most of all

Thank you for days

that the server is down -

Lost all my work -

TWICE!!!

(...imagine!!!)

And all I can do...

...is write all this for YOU!!!

No comments: