Thursday, March 12, 2009

Purple Streaks

I am that purple streak in your hair
I’m that strand that stands out and makes them stare
and I am your thumbprints
and I am forever

I am unique.

I am the unseen halo that crowns your head
I am that one that dreams and sleeps on your bed
and I am those dreams
unknown to you

I am unmentioned.

I am the sun that rises from the west
I am the smiling one – greeting with a clenched fist
and I am the blue grass
the pink sky

I am weird.

I am the black hole that sucks the light in
I am a thousand drops of rain, the thunder, the lightning
and I am the one
you do not know

I am misunderstood.

I am your best friend’s best friend
I am the help when you are the helping hand
and I am a piece of love
marred by matter

I am wonder.

I am not the one staring at you staring at the mirror
that’s just a fragment, a piece, a part of me
I am not anything you see
I am your breath

I am invisible.

I am light and heat and water and air
I am now and then and here and there
and though a part fades away
I am immortal

I am forever.

I am unique
I am unmentioned
I am weird
I am misunderstood
I am wonder
I am invisible
I am forever
:
a purple streak

I am you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally blown away by this poem. Very much excellent. Please keep it up...you rock.

Princely Hope Glorious said...

Thanx Truth Seeker. I'll definitely keep on keeping on... and you could come on for more!!! I tried clicking through to your profile, but it showed me that I can't see your profile...

thanx for your comment! God bless! Shine as the purple streak that you are... uniquely and strikingly you!!!