Thursday, March 12, 2009

Aromatherapy

I don’t know what step to take next
for I don’t even know where this journey might take
this man called me
Sometimes I wish I were just normal
just another kid on the block – not any more
of this man called me
I wish I didn’t know you love me, even when I am angry –
And that all I do is like eating ice cubes when you’re hungry.
I wish I didn’t know that all this journeying is futile –
maybe then I’d have enjoyed myself walking these miles
with this man called me
I wish I didn’t know that joy is a choice we make
and that it’s all vapor when your smiles are fake.
I wish I didn’t know – didn’t know what it takes
I wish I didn’t know it takes nothing but grace
and that it’s all already paid for – it’s a gift to embrace
that even as I run I’ve already won this race
I wish I didn’t know
Oh! This man called me
Sometimes he wishes the skies were pink
Sometimes he wishes that his poop wouldn’t stink
Sometimes he wishes that things were just a little different
Sometimes he wishes that he just wasn’t human
Oh! This man called me
The many words he is speaking melt away in his mouth
and the ink in his pen just slowly dries up
now only one sentence remains before he shuts up:

this man called me
loves me

No comments: