Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dancing

The music fades in
and my whole world begins
vibrating
to the strings
being plucked
in my heart

Time – in beautiful duty – moves
and we follow –
enthusing

taking pleasure in
the velvety moves

looking into eyes
that won’t be here
forever

man is mortal –
the silent noise of heart beats
is but a time:
why not dance to it?

Why not revel?
Why not
close your eyes to the storm (&)
let the rain kiss you
?

Why not
drink of the flowers
close your eyes to the bee (&)
let the nectar seep in
?

Time – in dutiful beauty – stops
as I hold the hands of my princess
and allow the sweet dance
to sweep me into the
intensity of now

the depth of the moment
the beauty of the here –
the now!

Life is just life –
sweetly steady –
unchangeable as it goes
I end deranged in attempts
to change it

so
I stop

I stop trying to live
and I embrace life –
I stop trying to not make
mistakes as I dance:
how else will I learn?
I stop trying to live
perfectly
… for can I?

so

I move my feet to the tunes that I hear
burrowed, buried deep…
swinging, swaying
stepping to melodies
of a different drummer:
my beating heart –

The music fades out
and my whole world applauds

the dance of life has ended

A certain joy haunts me sweetly as I lie:
I did more than clap, I danced
I did more than fall, I learned
I did more than be, I lived!

so I take a bow!

1 comment:

Nungari said...

.....this is how i want to live.....i just know u peeped into my mind and wrote is....well.. lets say you expressed it better than i could have... or you have a way with words....okey let me just admit it
IT TOUCHED MY HEART...DEEPLY!totaly love it!
no longer trying to live but living, it takes courage to follow the tune in my heart, but why walk in the shadows when i can dance in the light?
this poem makes me think think and think...beyond what i can ever put to words.God bless you.